Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Best Fish and Chips (So Far): Bistro Baguette Cafe


8620 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
(310) 855-0055
Sun-Thurs 11AM-10:30PM
Fri 11AM-3PM
Saturdays Private Parties only

Today's posting will be brief or at least I think it will. The Bistro Baguette Cafe (or BBC for short) is another one of those places that you will blink and miss it (heck even if you're looking for it). I am writing about this place for one reason and one reason only...they have fish and chips that are simply to die for. I would tell you about the other stuff they have there but I wouldn't know cause I dare not order anything else besides it because they're THAT good. They offer a different take on the greasy, fragile battered bit of fish that most people associate fish and chips with. For one reason they are a kosher place, and I mean SUPER kosher, so you know it's legit. Another reason is, it's not white fish of any sort, it's salmon! I know shocking huh, we were too when we got them. They are ever so lightly battered and there isn't a hint of greasiness in this fish just loads of flavor. They have this dipping sauce that replaces the normal tartar that we're all used to as well...it's green and a little spicy and has some citric zestiness to it that compliments the fish perfectly. The fries also have no greasiness to them and are salted just right. Parking is surrounding streets and I do beleive they have their own parking as well. I've never seen the place packed so I would imagine it's no big thing to just show up without reservations. All in all a perfect and yes I mean perfect plate of food.

Free Drink Refills: You know what...I don't know. I've never made it through my single coke and they have this water with fresh fruit in it that is free and refreshing so I just drink that as well. I'll check next time I go back haha.

Fish and Chips: About $10

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you ever find yourself down in Long Beach you should try The Pike (4th & Cherry..I believe), I would say it is best fish and chips I have ever had.

March 21, 2007 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

I've heard of it...I have to hit it now. People have told me that the fish is super flavorful and holds well together. By the way nice page.

March 21, 2007 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger my little apartment said...

thats no fish n' chips! dont get me wrong...it sounds delish, but salmon and spicy tartar sauce should be called something different. and you didnt even mention the chips, how were they? IMO, its all about the beer-batered white fish with loads of vinegar. now THATS fish n chips.

April 3, 2007 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

Haha, I do agree that when we talk about fish and chips that what you describe comes immediately to mind. Don't get me wrong about it, I love that as well but this was something extraordinary and different. One of the places I love for traditional fish and chips is O'briens in Santa Monica. Like Irish Pirate food (and the fish doesn't fall apart which is a big plus). As for the "chips" at Bistro they're fantastic...no greasiness and no need for salt or anything. The tartar sauce isn't tartar sauce at all but more like some kind of citric dipping sauce that's on the thinner side but not soupy. It's a solid square meal. Cheers ;)

April 3, 2007 at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home