Monday, February 12, 2007

Valentine's Day Countdown 3 Parter: (pt.1) Ocean Ave. Seafood

1401 Ocean Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310)394-5669
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 3:00pm


Okay so I don't have any pictures for you this time around...I know...sometimes I'm just lazy. But what I'm doing right now is a 3 day countdown to Valentine's Day featuring much nicer and romantic places in mind. These places will cost more but they are worth every penny. With that said...

Ocean Avenue Seafood is one of my favorite simple spots to hit as it's located right across the street from the ocean and has excellent seafood. Now I want you to know that when I say excellent seafood I mean superb! What's difficult to say is what's on there menu right now as it's always changing! Rest assured everytime I've gone I have been floored with whatever I have gotten. One thing I know they consistently have and is noted as a specialty is their lobster taquitos...mother of god...they're addicting!

To make it really nice, try and grab a spot on the outside covered patio area especially if you're going there during sunset times. It's absloutlely stunning. The inside is very elegant as well but the outside is for staring into each others eyes.

So make reservations, eat then walk on the beach barefoot with the one you love or the one you want to love or the one you want them to love you or the one you secretly want to breakup with then push in the cold water. Ahhhh Valentine's day is so romantic!

Free Drink Refills: Yes
Meal average per person: $22 to $50 (I know that's a huge price range but don't be intimidated by it, most of the REALLY expensive plates you probably wouldn't order anyway as it's a lot of food)

As a bonus: on normal days catch their happy hour where their wonderful array of appetizers and mini plates are all 1/2 off...this is a fantastic deal and their happy hour last quite a long time!

**Happy Hours are Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 6:30pm and Saturday - Sunday 3:00pm - 6:00pm; also available at the Bar only on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:30am - 6:00pm.**



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home