Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Anarkali



7013 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
(323) 934-6488
Everyday 11AM-11PM

Last night I returned to a favorite spot of mine called Anarkali for some Indian food. This traditonal restaurant has FANTASTIC Chicken Tikka Masala (thanks Jax for sharing) and mouth watering lamb biryani. Anarkali is not on the cheap side but more on the average price for a plate in LA.

This place has the hominess I've come to associate with Indian dining. Slightly dim place with hanging fabric that separates the booths, good waiters who smile when you don't pronounce the plate correctly, a flicker from the chandelier, and just loads of flavor in the air. When I show up here I just feel like "Yeah...this is right".

Like I said, the place is not 100% cheap like I normally post but here are two plusses. One, is that if you get the entertainment book (with all the restaurant coupons in it) Anarkali is in there and has a great discount that is reusable! Two, is that on there website (which you can link to up above) they have a coupon that you can print out to get $10 off your meal total which is yet another great hookup.

I also love this area cause it's right at the end of the shopping area of Melrose. So go shopping on Saturday and when you've spent yourself shopping, go spend some more on some darn good Indian food. Another great thing is they have really great deals on lunch specials.

Free Drink Refills: No (but I would recommend the Yeti or the King beer) Entree Price Range: $10 to $13 (but I would recommend the dinner plates to get more bang for your buck)


Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger JAX said...

haha dude i totally ate with you the last two posts youve made.

I do believe ethiopian is next followed by pho or sushi

JAX

January 31, 2007 at 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home