Monday, January 29, 2007

El Cochinito


3508 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323)668-0737
Sun-Wed 11AM-8:30PM
Thur-Sat 11AM-9PM

Being that I'm half Puerto Rican and half black (I'm full of surprises I know) I take pride in the foods of my cultures. This past weekend, while hanging with my very good friend Ashley, we wanted to hit some affordable food. We passed by this place called El Cochinito that her roommate recommended. Now her roommate is Finnish with a hyper valley style of talking. Was I skeptical? Only a little.

We popped ourselves down at this cozy little place that didn't say much except for that they were concerned with making food, and that only. This is Cuban food like my gramma used to make. I had some Ropa Vieja that came with rice & beans and a side of platanos (not to mention a bottle of malta to wash it down). So perfect. Ashley had the chicken fricasie and it was the picture of perfection. Service was fast and friendly. Parking is a little tight as there are two restaurants in the tiny strip mall that houses El Cochinito but there's also street parking for days.

Order a plate and close your eyes...you can almost feel the Carribean hurricane coming.

Free Drink Refills: No
Entree Price Range: $8 to $12

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home