Wednesday, April 4, 2007

George's Coffee Shop (For those early morning runs to LAX that I do so often)


5439 Sepulveda Blvd
Culver City, CA 90230
(310) 737-4238
Mon-Sat 6AM-3PM
Sun 6AM-2PM

As I hustle off from my desk I wanted to let you guys in a on little spot I hit when I have to head towards LAX. George's Coffee Shop has been at the same spot for about 30 years or so and the prices seem like they've barely changed.

It's owned by a cool older Korean couple that just serves up great breakfasts to the regulars who seem to have been going there for quite some time (most of the people chatted with them). Such a small thing to mention as well, but I loved the counter in the center of the room. Just cool.



What you are looking at above cost us $12 and some change and came out in record time (another plus for heading to the airport). Their 2+2+2 (shown above as well) was only $3.65 and was as close to home cooked as you could make it. My eggs and spam (I grew up on it... so sue me) was tasty and not too heavy either. Something about this place just makes me want to go back. Probably a culmination of price and homeyness. Possibly due to the fact that I grew up on the East Coast (Connecticut and New York) and places over there like this flourish so widely and are super affordable... just like this place. You can quote me as saying this place is a little "Nostalgic". My post wouldn't be complete without saying that they also bring some Korean plates to the menu that are very welcomed such as a Bulgogi Omelet and stir fried veggies. They also have a pretty darn good cup of coffee. Now, after all isn't that what should be pretty darn good at a coffee shop?

Free Drink Refills: No (unless of course you get the coffee)
Entree Price Range: Thinking off the top of my head I remember that nothing was over $6...how could I forget something like that?!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin S. said...

Aha!! I wish I knew about this place before (I'm moving away from LA in a few months!!). Many a morning flight would have started on a better foot. Thanks for the report

April 4, 2007 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Food Marathon said...

And don't forget about The Buggy Whip for a cocktail for those evening runs to LAX...

April 5, 2007 at 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home