Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Fred 62


1850 N. Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323)667-0062
Always open

Fred 62 is a 50's style diner on a corner on Vermont in Los Feliz that has miles of persona to it. Oddly enough it feels likes what would appear in the future era in a Back to the Future movie when they go to a vintage diner in the future. Lots of charm. This is definitely one of those people watching spots with lots of stars showing up randomly, as well as just a bevvy of trendy people.

The food at Fred 62 is dare I say all around good. You can go there anytime of day and grab a great meal. Some may argue that they try to hard to be something. I heartily disagree with them. They seem to just "be". No overworking to be something. They give you great food and service is usually good even when they're packed. A big hi-five as well for the awesome coffee and amazing shakes.



I remember seeing Gourmet magazine say that they have some of the best pancakes in LA. So being that I'm not that huge a fan of pancakes I had to try them out. I was so not let down. Wow, so perfect in texture and flavor. A must have when you go if you're in the mood for breakfast.

The pancakes...so sinfully good. (Silver dollars do not come with the plate but were placed there by me for posterity.)

And here's there Super Rico Sandwich which by their own admission is a "better-battered tuna patty that consists of tuna salad stuffed with passilla chile, onion, jack and cheddar cheese with ice-berg lettuce, tomatoes, and mayo on a freshly toasted bun". An amazing take on a tuna melt type of sandwich. Incredibly tasty and the fries were perfect in texture and flavor. Two thumbs up as an afterschool special.

And here's there Wimpy burger which is a solidly good burger. Very flavorful (meaty tasting) and juicy but not bloody. I would say one of my top 5 restaurant burgers easily. It's interesting cause in essence it doesn't look like anything extraordinary but inside lies all the goodness one could desire from a burger. Downright tasty.

As promised there's a roundup for the Arcade Fire show last night at Rockinsider that I wrote. Show some love if you like what you read. The show was passionate and beautiful to sum it up in short words.

Free Drink Refills: Yes
Entree Price Range: $7 to $11

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin S. said...

Ah, so you were the one that took all the parking on my street the other night (I live at Vermont/Ambrose, a block south of Los Feliz). Just teasing. Fred 62 is perfect for mornings when you wake up hung over at 7 am. It also makes a mean grilled cheese.

May 31, 2007 at 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What amazes me is that this place has KILLER udon... better than most japanese spots!

January 7, 2008 at 2:06 AM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

Haha, I've never heard that! Fred knows how to surprise anyone I guess.

January 14, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home