Monday, February 4, 2008

Best Fish Tacos in Ensenada...and LA (so far)


1650 Hillhurst Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Tue-Sun 11AM-8PM
(No phone number that I know of)
CASH ONLY

A while ago some one asked me what was my favorite fish taco was in LA. I really hadn't found one that I thought was worthy of mention until now. The Best Fish Tacos in Ensenada is a little shop on Hillhurst that has won me over in a big way. I'll keep it brief as there's not really much to expound on.

You hop in and order up what you want. The menu has 3 items. Fish tacos for $1.50, shrimp tacos for $2 and drinks for $1. Keeps things simple. They fry them up and you pay after you're done with your meal. Another thing is that it's BYOB (no corkage fee) for you people who love the combination of cerveza with your fish tacos this your place. When they've fried them up you get them bare with only a tortilla accompanying it. You then take them over to their dressing bar which has the cabbage, crema, and assorted salsas to fix them up. I love the spicy pineapple one!

The shrimp tacos are solid with the batter being super light and not soggy at all.

The fish tacos have a good amount of flavor, which can often NOT be the case when it comes to the white fish they use in so many fish tacos.

I can't find anything wrong with their tacos. The price is like seduction to your wallet...you always feel like it's cheap enough to grab another. They have indoor and outdoor seating and the place is super chill. I absolutely hate that they're not closer to me, but then again, I'd be a whole lot fatter if they were!

Free Refills: No but it's super cheap ($1 a can) so at least you don't feel robbed. Oh and they have Welch's grape soda which also scores a point.
Price: Cheap: Super duper cheap ($1.50-$2.00/taco)

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Oishii Eats said...

I'm so addicted to Best Fish Tacos in Ensenada! Oh man. And their horchata...sooo delicious!

February 4, 2008 at 10:06 PM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

A TOTAL ADDICTION! I can dare say at times I'm "jonesin'" for their tacos.

February 5, 2008 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger Food Marathon said...

If only Tacos Baja Ensenada was closer... damn you Whittier and your delicious yet remote location.

February 5, 2008 at 6:10 PM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

I feel you pain...there's a lot of AMAZING food off the 605 but alas the traffic run is not worth it that much for me. A bunch of my Pico Rivera friends have told me about these hole in the wall spots that are to absolutely die for.

February 6, 2008 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Food Marathon said...

I'll have to do a 605 Food Marathon...

February 7, 2008 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Giovan Polanco said...

is this the place you keep raving about. good fish taco's huh? hmm. lets do it.

February 11, 2008 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

It is the place man. We need to hit it again for sure. Let me know when you're down.

February 11, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home