Tuesday, January 29, 2008

East India Grill...a deal for mid day any day


345 N. La Brea.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(310)278-3955
Open Daily 10:30AM- 10:30PM

Before I get into this, let me just say that DineLA is in full swing and I started my tasty pre fixe meals this Sunday at Border Grill (I wanted to give it a try since I hadn't been there in years). Their lunch menu was a hit and they were packed to the hilt (in the rain no less) . The low price and great serving sizes made it easy to appreciate, but the food was also pretty dynamite. Thank you Too Hot Tamales for a great kick off. NOW...onto the place at hand.

I could talk about the general menu at East India Grill and say they've got it pretty together and the prices are happening enough, but really it's all about the lunch specials. They pack it on for pretty darn cheap. For those of you who haven't been here, you would do well to stop on by...and bring friends. The place lends itself pretty well for double date parties especially with it's outside covered patio area.

The naan is pretty healthy sized slices that would equate well to New York slices of pizza. Soft with a pleasant dough fragrance that pops when they bring it to your table (especially the garlic Naan).

The one debatable thing that I must say are their samosas.

I've had them when they're big and perfectly flaky with a smooth flavor that is well balanced. Other times I've had them and they were more on the bland side. This may be something they could work on, though being there for 17 years now they may be set in their ways.

They have a entree featured lunch special that comes with the vegie of the day (saag that time), rice, small salad, raita and the main option of your choice which there are good amount of. Shown here is the Lamb korma which is one of my faves from them. As you can see it's a huge plate of food and for $8 they might as well be giving it away. Gotta love a giving restaurant!

Now the kicker about all of this is that they have their lunch specials every day of the week which is a rarity in LA or anywhere for that matter. In LA, you can find plenty of Indian places, but not many of them have been here as long and have received the many accolades this place has. How they can offer this much food for these prices on this street is beyond me but I'm glad that it's in my neck of the woods so I can pop on in often.

Free Refills: I actually don't know...I always get Himalayan Blue to go with my meals.
Entree Price Ranges: $6 to $8 for the lunch specials and regular prices range from $10 to $14.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This place is great, fast delivery too. Only comparison is Gate Of India on Sunset. I think East India is way better than Clay Oven down the street.

You need to try the carne asada at Pinches Tacos!

January 31, 2008 at 1:39 AM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

Beleive it or not I was going to go to go to Pinche Tacos on Sunday but wound up eating Mexican earlier that day and so I opted out. Haha!

January 31, 2008 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I can't wait for some more DineLA coverage! (Did I tell you after yours and Celeste's urging I booked a table for 1 at Grace next Wednesday? I'm so excited...) :-)

January 31, 2008 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

We went last night to Grace. A post will be up today. You will love it. Promise. By the way, there was a girl who actually sat next to us who was by herself so you're in good company ;)

January 31, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home