Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm Giving Away Even More Tickets!


I'm giving away a highly coveted pair of tickets to see Joanna Newsom this November 9th at Walt Disney Hall with a 28 piece orchestra! If you like indie music (or just good music period) these are the tickets for you!


Accompanied by a 28-piece orchestra, featuring orchestral arrangements written by Van Dyke Parks, harpist-singer-songwriter Joanna Newsom makes her Walt Disney Concert Hall debut on Friday, November 9 at 8:00 p.m.

Newsom, who hails from the California gold rush town of Nevada City, captured the hearts of fans and critics with her debut The Milk-Eyed Mender, an inimitable collection of avant-garde folk songs. Newsom's penetrating vocals and virtuosic harp playing adds an otherworldly affect to her music, which The New York Times describes as "mesmerizing" and "luminous."

Arvind Manocha, recently appointed Chief Operating Officer of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, says, "The LA Phil is very excited to welcome Joanna to Walt Disney Concert Hall. She's a pioneer and a visionary artist, and together with KCRW, we're proud to continue our long-standing tradition of presenting innovative, one-of-a-kind concerts."

Nic Harcourt, KCRW Music Director and host of Morning Becomes Eclectic, has always championed Newsom's music. "After steadily building her fan base in Los Angeles," he says, "Joanna returns with her distinct style to play the ideal venue for her unique talent."

Newsom's 2006 release, Ys, is comprised of five songs that range from seven to sixteen minutes, an epic fairytale complete with fantastical allegories, and elaborate, vivid lyrics. Rolling Stone writes, "�at the essence of Newsom's grandiose songwriting lies an innate sense of melody, powerful song craft and stellar musicianship which, when added together quite often reaches the sublime." Ys also features lush orchestral arrangements by Van Dyke Parks, most recognized for his collaboration with Brian Wilson on The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds and Smile, as well as his own legendary 1968 release Song Cycle.

This one-night-only performance is part of Joanna Newsom's first U.S. orchestral tour since her critically acclaimed orchestral debut with the London Symphony Orchestra at The Barbican.

How do you win these killer tickets? I have a simple request. Somewhere online there's a simple way to change your banner by replacing the linked banner (mine's is the one that says "What's To Eat LA" in cheesey stereotypical template format) and I can't find the freaking link and don't feel like hiring someone. Be the first person to actually explain it to me so that I can just link my own picture so I can custom my own banner and you can have the tickets. I need to know where on my html I would need to change, and what html to replace it with via a hosted link. On my back end all I have is html and no helpful tabs thanks to them dissappearing once you do any kind of customizing in html (LAME!). You must be specific in the fact that it must fit the size that's already there. Am I desperate...you betcha. Just email me at celeste.aubrey@gmail.com

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger H. C. said...

Haha, glad I caught the earlier contest -- my HTMLing skills are in dire need of remedial training!

November 1, 2007 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

I have a winner thankfully!

November 5, 2007 at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home