Monday, October 1, 2007

Largo...an evening out with the Section Quartet doing Radiohead


432 N Fairfax Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323)852-1073
Weekdays 8PM till late close
Weekends 8:30PM till late close

I expanded my reaches this weekend. I'm in a play over at the Open Fist Theatre on Santa Monica. I play every weekend there till Mid-November, but I did have to miss last Saturday night due to a previous engagement which was to go out and catch the Section Quartet at Largo who was performing Ok Computer in honor of the 10 year anniversary of the release.


This is the Section Quartet when I caught them at the Troubadour doing Paranoid Android

The show was amazing and I'm thankful for the complete package of good food and a great show. Rarely does Largo let you down in the food department, mainly because they have a pretty limited selection of dinner entrees and so they keep things pretty consistent. The following pics were taken creatively as no flash photography is allowed in Largo. How'd I do it? 3 saucers boucing light from the small votive candle on the table. Not too shabby, but please ignore the "warm" hue.

Celeste had the Penne ALLA Vodka with salmon and chopped asparagus. She always gets pasta there and loves it...last time I think it was bow-ties with sausage. Their penne was al dente, lightly dressed with their creamy Vokda sauce, bearing the essense of tomatoes sauteed with garlic and small pieces of salmon and tender asparagus thoughout. It got a resounding yum from both of us.

One of my personal favorites is their Honey Chicken which consists of a lighly breaded chicken cutlet with their honey sauce drizzled on it with sides of creamy mashed potatoes and a spinach salad. This is by far my safest bet when I can't decide on what to eat. As many people as I've taken here, they've always loved this plate. The meat is pretty good size piece that doesn't die from the breading and balances perfectly with the honey sauce, and the potatoes aren't too heavy yet they're suffiecient for a hungry appettite. Love this meal!

Largo is an amazing place featuring some of LA's best talent like Jon Brion or the Watkins Family Hour, both which feature many of their high profile friends that just pop in to play on stage with them. It's an amazing date place and as long as you pay attention to when people appear on their website calendar (make reservations for sure) you will guaranteed have a memorable evening. I know I always do!



Free Refills: Considering it's a bar would you be surprised that there are no free refills...I'm not.
Entree Price Ranges: Entrees are $16-17 (remember there's a cover too which varies depending on the band...but happily every cent of it goes to the artist)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home