Friday, July 20, 2007

Milk...the rest of the carton


7290 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323)939-6455
Sun-Thu 6AM-10PM
Fri-Sat 6AM-11PM

I said I would continue the story of Milk since my last post on Milk and so I'm making good on my promise. Consider this Milk part Deux.

Seeing as most people go to Milk for dessert, I started with that in the other post. But there's so much more at Milk... like actual food. Not only that, the food is actually good. I start with exhibit A, a pulled pork sandwich with Manchego cheese along side a fresh salad. Nestled between two lightly toasted pieces of panini style bread were crunchy pickles and mustard that made the shredded pork come to life. The manchego was a real treat to have on this sandwich as I'm only used to having it with wine as part of a cheese course. It really snazzed up the pork. The salad was fresh and was the perfect side for a simple and cool summer lunch.

The other sandwich I had the pleasure of scarfing down was their roast beef. Deli fresh thin slices of roast beef with no fat whatsoever highlighted this fantastic sandwich. The toasted artisan bread and salad were the same as the pulled pork sandwich. Such a nice meal to have on the summer weekends.

And this...
This monster of a thing, is their Grasshopper(mint with chocolate) ice cream sandwich.
This ice cream treat...well...let's just say it's not for the faint of... taste. My wife Celeste enjoyed it thoroughly, but she's a mint and chip fan. The mint was strong, and in saying that I mean Altoids strong. Otherwise, the dark chocolate it was dipped in was delectable. They have several kinds of ice cream sandwiches that they rotate through daily. Their really popular flavors are their Strawberry Sorbet and Coffee Toffee sandwiches.

We finished off this trip by heading over to the New Beverly Cinema, just a block away, making Milk a great place to catch food with friends before one of their movies that they've dug out of someone's dusty vault. Another plus is that you can order individually up front and not have to worry about splitting the check at the end.

Free Refills: No
Entree Price Range: sandwiches are in the $5 to $8 range (if my memory serves me correct)


Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Oishii Eats said...

I really like MILK. I agree, their food is yums too. I love their media noche! I wished I lived closer for MILK lunches.

July 25, 2007 at 1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of this "real food" thing too. People always get disapointed when I go to a dessert place and order something savory.

July 25, 2007 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Aubrey said...

Jeni I am so with you. If I were closer, Milk would be able to claim me as a dependent. And yeah Doug, it's funny when you go to a place where they're known for one thing but you get the unlikely candidate on the menu and it turns out to be pretty rocking. A funny example would be going to Del Taco and getting their burgers which actually happen to be pretty darn good haha.

July 25, 2007 at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home